My Top Dining Spots in New York City

Thursday, August 17, 2017
I have eaten at many different types of places and situations in the Big Apple, from sit down restaurants to on the go hot dog stands.  You really have to teach yourself what's good and what's not, this is very important to having the best eating experience in the city.  These places I am listing are one's that I have personally been to, but there are plenty and lots of other great spots in New York, I encourage you to research them if you plan on visiting the city!

IL Cortile - Little Italy

I had the pleasure of dining in this restaurant during my last year's summer trip to the city.  It is located right in the heart of Little Italy, and I went after a "shopping" experience in China Town, which is not far at all.  This restaurant is pure and homemade Italian, with a real memorable sauce.  I myself ordered the Chicken Parmesan, which I remember being delicious.  Though, this is a very traditional joint, be weary.  I happened to check my phone after I finished with my family, and one of the waiter's did remind me of the dinner manors!



Joe's Pizza - West Village

Now this tiny joint in West Village, has been my top favorite pizza spot of all time!  It is a very tight and crammed place, as most pizza joints in the city are!  The pizza is absolutely incredible, and any lines you have to wait in is worth it!  If you are a lover of New York pizza (and lets face it, who isn't?) then this is definitely the place of your dreams.  There is also a little park right across from the joint that is a lovely spot to relax!

Lombardi's Pizza - Lower Manhattan

Lombardi's was founded in 1905, which gives it the title of the very first pizzeria in the United States!  This restaurant serves the best of Neapolitan pizza, and it is one of the finest places in the city that I've been to.  This is a classic that you must try at some point during your New York experience, to get to have the original New York pizza!

Junior's Restaurant and Bakery - Midtown

Junior's is known as the perfect spot to have a bite before seeing a Broadway show, mainly because it is located in the heart of most Broadway theatre's.  I was actually waiting until intermission of Hello, Dolly! (which is in view of Junior's literally) let out because I was going over to pick up playbills.  I decided to stop and have a bite at Junior's.  I had a delicious hamburger, along with the most amazing piece of cheesecake ever.  If you ever visit, you must try the strawberry cheesecake!




Majestic Diner - Midtown

Now this is much more of a breakfast option, but it is an option.  The Majestic Diner was a block down from my hotel, so I stopped there to eat in the morning.  I had the most delicious trench toast, and they had plenty of other delicious looking items on their menu!  I highly suggest it if you need a quick but good breakfast.



4 comments:

  1. I have been once to New York but only few days so I didn't have time to do much. I have heard so much about Little Italy! I love Italian food! Majestic diner sounds amazing! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love New York I could honestly live there. These sound like great places to eat and pizza is my favourite food. The size of that cheesecake too! I will have to get some next time I go xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so many plans to eat amazing food when I visited in 2015 but I went with my then 7 year old son, who had different ideas. We ended up eating at very basic places and McDonald's ���� xx

    Jay | jayxoblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to visit one day, so many amazing places. Great post!

    ReplyDelete