One Year of Blogging

Thursday, August 3, 2017

BIG NEWS TODAY!  Today is the one year anniversary of my Blog!  Candidly Darling has officially turned 1!  I've worked hard on my Blog in this past year, and I also began working on myself as well.  Thank you so much for following along on my journey, I absolutely love sharing some of my life with you lovely readers.  It's been a crazy and love filled year, and having this Blog has been a great part of my life thus far.   To celebrate my Blog's birthday, I've written 11 of my favorite moments and memories this past year.  Once again, thanks for reading.




1. New York City - August 2016

In August, around the time I created my Blog, I visited the Big Apple for a year big weekend.  I went to see my favorite singer Barbra Streisand in concert (which was absolutely incredible, by the way) and I also met up with some of my best friends.   My one best friend came in from Sweden to see Barbra, and we ended up seeing Waitress on Broadway together.  It was such a fun and memorable trip that I won't forget anytime soon!





2. Hamilton

During the course of my New York adventure, I ended up getting lucky, and I scored a ticket to see Hamilton on Broadway!  I've loved this show since before it opened, and finally getting to see it was such a surreal experience. 

 

3. Makeup

I only started applying makeup to myself last year, and I must say, I'm so glad I started.  Makeup has become a great passion of mine, and I love making myself up to go out.   It really makes me feel a lot better about myself, and my looks.  



4. Cutting My Hair

I've had long hair my whole life, and last year before my New York trip, I decided to take the leap and change that.  I cut off most of my hair, and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I still now have short hair, and it's so efficient that I might never go back to long!  It's also helped me teach myself how to do different hairstyles on myself, too!





5. Twitter Blogger Chats

One of my favorite things about being a Blogger has been getting to know other Blogger's.  What better way, than through Twitter Chats?  I've hosted a few myself, and had fun joining in on some.  They helped boost my traffic, and even better, get some engagement!



6. Broadway Interviews

One of my favorite things I've done on this Blog, is Interview Broadway personnel as a fun little snippet for my readers.  I interviewed Amber Ardolino from Hamilton in Chicago, and Grace McLean from Natasha, Pierre, & The Great Comet of 1812. 

 

7. Memphis - April

My family and I decided to go visit some family members down in Memphis, Tennessee.   It was such a fun trip, and I gotta admit, I was in love with the jumper I wore.  I really hope I can go back sometime soon!



8. Vocal Improvement

Being in musical theatre, my voice is very important to me.  Over the past year, I've realized my vocal range has gotten higher over time.  I used to be an Alto, but now I register as a Mezo-Soprano!


9. New York City - June

My recent trip to New York was only two days, but it sure was wonder filled.  I got to visit my favorite spots in the city, and saw some of my favorite people.  Getting to visit the city is always an amazing trip.  




10. Backstage at Wicked on Broadway

I visited my friend Teale Dvornik backstage at Wicked on Broadway, where she works as a Dresser.  She ended up taking me backstage, and it was my first time backstage ever! It was such a wonderful experience, and I'm so grateful she took me.



11. Backstage at Anastasia on Broadway

Last but not least, I got to visit my dear friend Christy Altomare, who stars as Anastasia herself.  I've been friends with Christy for over a year, and it was so great to finally see her shine on stage.   Afterwards she had invited me backstage, and I finally got to meet her! It was an incredible moment that I will never forget.  




6 comments:

  1. Congrats on one year of your blog! I love your blog - the photos and design are all so pretty. Good luck for the next year xx

    A x | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first year blogging! It is such a great milestone! So much has happened in one year. I am sure the next one will be as full and as amazing! good luck! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first year of blogging. I am eight months in and cannot wait for the year milestone. So much has happened to you in one year. I haven't seen this kind of styled post for a one year blogging birthday and it's lovely to look back on a year like that.
    Lois x
    www.lifeasloismay.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog anniversary! I'm so incredibly jealous of all the wonderful places you've been this year, and I hope you get to visit as many equally amazing places this year too!

    Rachel | kyvbey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A huge congratulations on a year of blogging! Wow it sounds like a brilliant year I'd love to go to NYC! My friend went and saw Phantom of the Opera she said it was amazing but had fallen asleep because of the jet lag😂
    Ellie
    www.headintheclouds.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete